Tuesday 10 June 2014

Yes To… Grapefruit brightening facial towelettes

Okay, so I thought these would be amazing to be honest… I was mistaken. After hearing nothing but good things about this range of products I decided to give one of them a whirl, even though they are a touch costly.
Yes To Grapefruit facial wipes
These towelettes are supposedly designed to cleanse, exfoliate and brighten your face, which they don't do… at all… in fact they did nothing beneficial to my face other than partly removing my makeup which wasn't waterproof, had no effect on my mascara and eyeliner whatsoever and burned my face like all hell. Instantly after applying this product to my face I noticed a very significant burning sensation which wasn't at all pleasant and immediately washed my face with warm water to try and relieve the burning sensation, which did work, up until a point, then it continued to sting. So least to say I won't be reaching for these wipes any time soon, and I don't even have remotely sensitive skin.

After reading some online reviews I discovered that many people had had the same issue as me, and the wipes had caused redness, burning and breakouts for a large majority of the people that used them. The underside of the packaging for these products states to use a moisturiser in the same line after using the wipes to banish spots and blemishes, but if the first product causes them there doesn't seem to be much point bothering with that.

The product quality in terms of the size of the towels and the quality of the fabric is great, they are more than large enough to 'cleanse' your face and neck. However there are only 25 wipes in a pack and for what they cost here in Australia, this won't be a product I will be purchasing again as much as I wanted to love them.

Price: $10 for 25 wipes… not the best value by far.
Effectiveness: Nope, they burn your face, don't remove much makeup and do not seem to help to brighten or exfoliate the face at all.
★/

No comments:

Post a Comment