Wednesday 12 February 2014

Manic Panic Amplified Flash Lightening kit and Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink Amplified dye

I was always one of those kids that had multi coloured hair during the holidays because the school I went to wouldn't have a bar of multi coloured hair, or any coloured hair for that matter. Anyway from the age of about 13 onwards I always had my hair lightened so I could temporally dye it during the holidays. By the time I finished school I had had every coloured hair under the sun, including a rather ghastly electric green. To colour my hair, I had always used Paintbox by Fudge which lasts anywhere between 3-30 washes, nice and vague right? I used Paintbox because it really was the only dye that was readily available for me to buy in Sydney. But now theres a whole world of online dyes available for us to try and test, so I finally picked up the one that I had always herd so much about, Manic Panic. And it really is manic.
Due to my hair being relatively dark brown, even after complete lightening, I knew to get truly electric colours I would have to completely bleach the hair I wanted to colour. The Manic Panic Flashed Lightening Amplified kit was absolutely amazing for this, its very easy to mix, apply and takes almost no time to process. This bleach kit also didn't leave my hair limp, broken or excessively dry although before colouring I did decide to run a damage control mask through my hair just in case. 
After applying the Hot Hot Pink Amplified dye and allowing it to process for 15 minutes, this was the electric result.

Manic Panic's Amplified Hot Hot Pink
Lest to say I love it, AND IT LASTS, about 30% longer than the normal Manic Panic dyes. The problem I always had with Paintbox was that it never lasted in my hair, this stuff on the other hand for me lasts around 5-6 washes, although it doesn't like chlorine pools. Manic Panic dyes are animal friendly and completely vegan as an added little bonus. And it won't stain your shower floor or your fingers either. To dye all my hair, which is quite long and thick, I used less than 1/3 of the bottle, so its well worth the money. 
Oh yeah, and it glows under a black light…

Price: About $22 per bottle if you get it online, (Bleach kit is about $22-$25 online), I bought both products on ebay for a total of $44 excluding shipping.
Weight:118mL (Bleach kit is single use, more than enough in each box to completely bleach long thick hair like mine shown above)
Colours available: The amplified dyes come in 17 different colours, (Bleach kit comes in both amplified and normal which is better for lighter hair that needs less extreme bleaching)
Colour true to packaging: In most cases yes, but it does depend heavily on your starting hair colour.
Waterproof: It is a semi-permianent dye that lasts quite well through normal gentle hair washing, cold water will help preserve the colour more. It does not like chlorine pools, so if you go swimming be prepared to re-dye.
★/

No comments:

Post a Comment