Wednesday 12 February 2014

Maybelline New York Dream Nude Airfoam

Ok, I'm not going to deny that when I first saw this product quite a while ago, I was intrigued. So after much fiddling around I bought it and I've got to say, I'm not impressed at all. For starters the colour matches doesn't seem to use a scale known to man kind. I have medium brown/light skin with some pretty uneven tones on my face sometimes. As a result usually I fit in to the medium skin tone category, but for this product I ended up with Classic Ivory (150), one of the lightest colours and its still far too dark!
After reading the instructions on the back of the can and shaking with significant vigour, I followed the instructions and squeezed a "walnut sized amount" on to the back of my hand… walnut sized… ok, rather odd measuring system but we'll run with it anyway. To apply this product you are told to take small dab from the back of your hand and buff it on to your face in small circular motions, not completely ideal if you are looking to build product as it seems to just push the now liquid around more and more leaving small, streaky circles. However, once the product does dry it is buildable but be prepared to take your time with this one as it needs to dry in-between layers throughly.
The first thing that I noticed after applying this product to my face was that it felt somewhat sticky when wet, and if your the kind of person that has oily skin or gets hot easily, this probably isn't ideal for you. This product does also have SPF16 as an added little bonus, but I think the products smell does resemble sunscreen a little.
Maybelline claims that it doesn't clog pores and is lightweight for everyday wear, which seems to be true, once it dries on your face it feels weightless and I, nor anyone else I know who has tried it has had a problem with clogged pores.
Nude Airfoam on skin, Classic Ivory 150
Overall, when choosing which colour you want to try, choose wisely, try a sample pot first in the store, just make sure its hygienic to do so. When applied to the face, this product does take some time to dry and feels sticky to the touch in the meantime, I would recommend finishing it with a powder of some kind just to help set it a little more. And most of all, BEWARE MESS. An overactive spraying finger with this product will leave you with a tonne of product on you hand and potentially everywhere else, so take it easy.

Price: About $11-$15, available online, in target, kmart, supermarkets etc.
Weight:46g (1.6oz)
Colours available: Total of 12 shades available, so a pretty good range.
Colour true to packaging: It doesn't seem so, have a good look at the instore testers.
Waterproof: No.
★/

No comments:

Post a Comment